Pages

Jun 4, 2008

Family History

I have so much other stuff to blog about but what is on my mind right now is genealogy. I decided a couple of months ago to go to a class in Sunday school that informed us about the new church family history site. That must have really been the Lord speaking to me because since that class I have been going to the West stake center every Tuesday night (well some Tuesdays I missed) to hang out with my grandpa Weiler and do my genealogy. I have to tell you I'm not that good at it yet, but with a pro like my dear ol' gramps right by my side to help out I cant do any wrong. I think I was destined to go on this path cause my g-pa Weiler has been doing it for a very long time and my father in law has been doing his for a long time and is the VP in the Fresno Genealogical society and my Grandparents on the Christiansen side have done a lot too. I, no matter which way I go will run into it. But that is a-ok with me. I really enjoy it. Finding new info that no one has ever found before and being able to hopefully do their temple work. It is so amazing, I always thought of genealogy as a "more experienced in life (catch my drift)" person's thing, but no, young people can think its cool too. And hanging out with gramps is an extra perk on the side. Love you grandpa. Thanks for taking your time to help my out. :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

lol... don't feel like it's an "old person" thing to do cody... i love learning about my family history too. i think it's just a cool people thing!!