Pages

Dec 26, 2008

A VERY merry Givens Christmas

WELL...
(well worth the read but dont read ahead)
At Christmas, when EVERYONE was gathered around Rob gave his parents a little book
Well the story went a little something like this...
Christmas is really a special time of the year... But all too often all the hype, hoopla, hustle and bustle, shopping, list-making, list taking, wondering if you got the right gift, wondering if you asked for the right gift.....
(next page)
Wondering "Am I gonna get that Christmas Bonus????" These things distract us from the real reason of Christmas…. the celebration of the birth of the baby Jesus. A celebration of new life...
(next page)
Cody and I recently received the best gift ever- The birth of our very own baby... Maycee. Just like in the Christmas story we get to celebrate together as family and friends, (some even traveled great distances to be here).
(next page)
We just want to make it official, we know that it is really soon, but we are going to celebrate ANOTHER NEW ADDITION to our family....yes, we are going to have ANOTHER BABY.....
(next page)
Don't be shocked or freaked out, because I'm actually just kidding. But for real I was trying to surprise you and tell you that you’ve been encouraging me for a while to do it and I am actually going to be going back to school.
(next page)
Well....just kidding about that too. I'm actually NOT going to go back to school..…….
(next page)
I'm actually going to be FINISHED with school in February and have my Bachelor's Degree....a "B.S. in Business Management", and that's no BS!
(next page)
So, you are cordially invited to attend my graduation ceremony. Thank you for always encouraging me to go for it...I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(next page)
HaHaHa. That’s the truth. Surprise! Merry Christmas. Love you. Rob
EXPLANATION: Sounds like no big deal RIGHT? Graduating from school? WELL really...
ROB'S parents DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT know that he has been going to school for the past year or so. Evertime he sees them, they procede to tell him that he NEEDS to go back to school. It was a BIG secret and it was hard to keep. Laura (Robs sister) was the other one that didnt' know either.
OH her reaction was AWESOME. exactly what he was looking for. AND the LAME part, we DIDNT get it on video. This was a "Funniest Home Video" worthy moment. It was the BEST!!! NO ONE ELSE knew either besides 3 sisters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you even got me!

Krysta Martinez said...

OMG! I almost had a heart attack thinking you were pregnant again! lol Anyways that is awesome news. I had no idea Rob was going to school! WTG!

Laura Keith said...

could you let me in on the secrets next time?!!! i felt like a dork! I thought he had been going to school, but hadn't asked in a long time. i really feel like a dork now... i should have been asking! love you :)

H+B Jackson said...

Yay for Rob!!!