Pages

Nov 28, 2008

turkey day bliss

The day was filled with family and fun. Maycee didn't sleep that well the night before so we didn't get up till around 11 and then we needed to get ready to go so we weren't out of the house till around 12ish. We stopped by Rob's parents house to visit for a little while and then we were off to my moms house. We usually have dinner at my grandpa Karl's house but this year my mom stepped up. All my family was there. We had a great dinner that was cooked by my mom and grandpa that was followed by some guitar hero. My step dad, Donny came home with Guitar Hero World Tour (the new set) the night before so we could all enjoy it. It is so AWESOME. The drums are great. Later that evening we all went to the movies to go see "Quantum of Solace". Great movie. Maycee did alright. She did wake up for about a second so I had to take her out for a bit but other than those 5 min she was out. She loves to go to movies. :)
the traditions were kept alive this year as well.
We had our annual family photo taken. My grandpa gets his tripod out and hits the timer button and tries to run into the photo. Hilarious every time.



We also had a table runner that my Aunt Leanna made lining the table. She brought this tradition to our family in 1999 and every year she has brought it. The tradition of it is that every year you write what you are thankful for on it. It is so cool to read what everyone has written over the years. There are some cherished memories that come from that table runner.
I just love traditions.






Maycee's first Thanksgiving was a hit.

Thanksgiving thankfulness
1. Robbie G - The best husband EVER. Love ya
2. Maycee- I an so thankful that she was able to enter into this world healthy
3. Like I wrote on our table runner, Pacifiers.
This little contraption is a life saver.
4. Technology
5. An awesome job taking care of great kids and
that I can take Maycee with me.
6. The gospel
7. Photos and scrapbooking
8. Family to love and be loved by
9. Smiling and laughing to help the "getting over it" process
10. Awesome Friends. Love ya Brit
In no sort of order. :)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh your family!!! I miss them, and Dinkey Creek. Glad that you had a great Thanksgiving. You are so beautiful in all of your pictures.