Pages

Nov 23, 2008

Twilight

I was waiting on a picture before I posted this but oh well. The pic I took was on my phone that I lost.

Brittany, her mom Dawn, me, Sarah C, Michelle C, Aunt Jeaneen, and a few of Michelles friends went to the 12:01a showing of Twilight. We went to Manchester Theater thinking Edwards was going to be all sold out, which it wasn't. We were all wishing that we were there. Haha I showed up to wait in line at 4:45p. A few of our group showed up to wait with me because I had to leave to chaperone a musical practice for a few hours but after I headed back over. There were a group of about 10 people in line head of us and Dawn got to talking to them and come to find out they had camped out on the red carpet of a screening for 2 days to meet the real people. They had pictures and everything. So cool

We were all so excited for the movie. When we were all seated and the movie finally started everyone was clapping and whistling. It got quiet, and then when the Cullens walked in everyone started screaming again. It was great.

Movie Review

It was pretty close to the book which was great. They left a bunch of stuff out which wasn't bad for me since I read the book. I think that if I hadn't read it, I would have been clueless on a few things.

I went into the showing thinking that Edward was a horibble pick and Bella was great but it was the complete opposit for me. Edward was very good, and Bella, I felt that she needed a few acting lessons (ok maybe a lot) It was enjoyable until Bella talked. I just cringed at some of her acting skills. Also she had the same facial expression for everything (happy, in love, in pain, shock etc) same face.

All the other characters I felt or casted great. I had no problems with anyone else.

Also I felt as if they could have done a better job of making them look like they were running fast, and jumping far.

Looking back, to me, the movie was too amature, and it felt like it was a college film project for a student. I just look at Harry Potter and how well their movies are made and wish that Twilight was on the same level of greatness.

Over all I did enjoy the movie. It was good enough to forgive all the bad things.

I even saw it a second time Friday at 4:00p with Brittany and Alexis.

I would recommend this movie to others. :) Good clean fun.




It was all fun and games until I accidently left my phone there. I went to ask if they had it but they said that nothing showed up. Bye Bye to my fave phone the Palm Centro. LAME!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I feel the same way about the movie, and Bella...

But i still loved it.
And yes- lame about your phone :(