Pages

Aug 11, 2008

Utah...

This weekend was the Wilcox reunion (or my moms dads side, the Weilers). It was a pretty short trip but we got all that we wanted done. Me, my grandpa and grandma loaded in the car and left on Thursday at 8a and the driving started. It was quiet in the car as my grandpa likes to listen to eaither talk radio or nothing so it was nothing most of the way. We got to Misquite Thursday night and stayed the night there. We went to the movies that were at the hotel and it only cost $1.50. Isn't that so cool? Friday morning we got back in the car and drove to Mt Pleasent. On the way my grandpa thought that it would be a fun idea to stop at Cove Fort on the way. It is an old fort that President Hinkley's pioneer ancestors built and stayed at.
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
We kept driving till Mt. Pleasent where we met up with my grandpa's sisters. It was fun to visit with them.
Photobucket

We stayed over that night and the next day was the reunion.
It was cool to learn more about my family.



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



I took Buster with me since I knew he would be good in the hotel rooms and man did he enjoy not having to put up with Missy.
Photobucket

After the reunion we got back in the car and started driving back to Cali right away. We got to Misquite that night and stayed and started driving again on Sun and we got back at about 5:30p. So all in all we were onlyh in Utah for about 24 hours. A very short trip but it was worth it to learn more about my ancestors.

2 comments:

Spencerandkirsty said...

That sounds like a pretty short trip! You were pretty close to where we live! I remember a LONG time ago when you guys came to our house. Maybe you should talk your mom into coming sometime and come visit!

Josh and Kimmy said...

How come I wasn't invited to that reunion?? Seems my unlce Thom always knows about them but doesn't spread the news with the rest of us! Oh well, glad you had some fun with the fam!