Pages

Apr 25, 2008

thinking

so why does Heavenly Father give us trials? And why is it that sometimes we dont go to him for help to overcome them?
I was in the bathroom and a fly flew in and was like on a lot of sugar or somthing but it kept flying around everywhere. Then it started flying into the mirror over and over again. I thought that that was so stupid it kept doing that. But that really reminded me of how sometimes we keep doing the same stupid thing over and over but yet we seem to do it again.
Well finally the fly got what he was doing, I think, and flew away. So why cant we just realize the first time that what we are doing is stupid?
Trials are stupid. Why do we have them? I know I know, they help us grow, (hey that rhymes) but really, honestly, WHY??? I am just so thankful that I have the Lord by my side. My door in always open for him. I know that whatever the problem I, with the Lords help can get through ANYTHING.
I love the gospel and thankful for it everyday.
Thanks for being there Heavenly Father. :)






Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."



Mary Stevenson

















Photobucket

Loves
Cody

6 comments:

shalee said...

Hey cody, Samantha Maderas asked me to ask around to see if anyone would like to go to the womens confrance with her and 2 other girls. Its in Utah and they would leave wed. come back sat. If you are interested let me know and I can give you more details. Anywho, talk to you later.

Ashley said...

Trials are so weird sometimes... especially when we repeat our mistakes. I am grateful for mine too... every time I look back at them I realize why they happend and how it affects me now!

Loveeeee you.

PS- Buster says he misses you

Ashley said...

Cody! I'm so glad you have a blog! I can't believe we are both due almost around the same time!! When do you find out what you are having? Congratulations! How are you doing?? I wish Andrea had a blog too! I'll tell her when I see her this weekend :)

Spencerandkirsty said...

Hey Cody!
How are you? Im so glad you have a blog and we can stay in touch. Congrats on being prego!! It is alot of fun being a mom, but ALOT of work!! I hope that things are going well with you guys! Keep in touch.

Kirsty

Maree said...

Why trials? Because that which does not kill us makes us STRONGER! We wouldn't grow without the growing pains of trials. Nope, don't like them when we've got them, but then you can look back and see how far you've come. LOVE YOU!

Laura Keith said...

What a good analogy... I'm going to look at flies from a whole different perspective from now on. You are such a good sister-in-law. I'm so grateful for your testimony and strength you add to our family. I love you!