Pages

Aug 23, 2011

Memorial Day in Monterey



      
Brittany Youngclaus had this FANTASTIC idea to head to the beach for Memorial Day.  We were so in, and so were Brittany's parents.  The car ride consisted of books and playing, with the occasional scream, but it went well. 

  And soon we were there.  Maycee, of course, could not even wait one second to play in the sand.  She insisted on wearing her swimsuit even though it was chilly enough to wear sweaters. If it wasn't for my BFF Brittany, I wouldn't have been where I have been.  She is my adventurer.  I love her to pieces.
 
Playing in the sand lasted for about... 30 min. HA It was cold.  But Mayc had a blast.

 
She soon started tunring purple and I needed to put some clothes on her.... Just in time to play in the sand a bit more.

 
 We then headed to the peer.  The kids guided us into the candy store, of course, and then we headed to lunch for some good fish and chips.
  We were told about this AWESOME park, Dennis the Menace Park, and knew we had to go there.  Maycee was in heaven.  At first I could keep track of her but after a bit, she was a runnin' everywhere. 
  The big train was cool, but super nerve wracking for me.  She was on top of it and it just freaked me out.

We headed back to the car and decided to feed the ducks.  They were eating right out of Derricks hand. 
 
 Soon it was time to head back home.  The car ride home was full of singing Primary songs and playing Who Wants to Be a Millionaire on Britt's phone.  Maycee fell asleep and soon we were home.
What an enjoyable day!

No comments: